Sunday 11 March 2012

ART AND BEER FESTIVAL


Yesterday I spent the whole morning in bed, well in bed on the net in my room. Nothing conny about it, I was watching and reading KONY2012 related documents and documentaries. Well, that CONNY and KONY vibe is from some guys trying to get famous by defaming a proud dad by the name Jason Russell aka Baba Gavin. What I mean is, the word conny does not rhyme with te word Kony. The first is an English world, the second is an Afrikan name meaning help,and its not pronounced like conny, its just kony!!
What the heaven was that about?


                                                 Me and Justine at Art and Beer Festival

Anyway, after all that I decided to go for Art and Beer Festival. In my mind I knew that such a big sounding event at a nice place in the leafy suburbs where drivers are forced to ´DRIVE SLOWLY because HORSES HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY´, and the season ticket going for two thousand bob, there had to be at least a complimentary mug of beer because my friends The Big 5 Breweries were also sponsoring.


Shock on me, nearing the gate there was a really drunk young man literally crying as he asked the arriving drivers to pass fast so he could leave the parking; I just hope he hd a designated driver. And I digress. Anyway, there was a uniformed and nosey security guy who insisted on speaking to me in English despite my multiple atempts to speak in Sawahili. He inspected my bag, asked for my ticket, then was still trying to see what was in my bag as I paid, mind yo own bizness maa…ffffriend! I get into the venue and there are no people. A few white folks are the the beer tent, no one at the food tent, the music is playing but there is no dj! So I decide to check out the exhibitions and I don’t see anything ineresting. There was a tattoo shop selling some gothic jewellery from China. I was gonna walk into more tents but I realised all those bored exhibitors were all looking at me as if I was an exhibition myself. But I understand, they lacked something to do, and I hated it! So I decided to go back to Club Volar for a nice cold drink…then I saw this guy wearing golden shinny tights like LMFAO in that video of theirs! You could almost see his balls, and I thought, wow,you need balls to show your balls in public like that.



 
Cranium Ink showing what they got

Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to CRANIUM INK. This is a new name in Kenyan art scene doing really cool photography and designs. Its whats going to take Kenya there after BlackBird Jeans. CRANIUM INK is made up of a duo, a really cool duo and a really hot PR Manager that I first met some 3years ago when I had crushed her brothers graduation party.


                                                   Some of the CRANIUM INK designs
 
Darkness came fast and engulfed the whole place and slowly people started trickling in. There was a wannabe dj keeping it down by now and the place started looking like a party, you know wha im sayin´? Me and my people were now having drinks when some guy came on stage and introduced some guys called WASHAMBA WENZA. Kusema kweli mahakama, these three guys are really good rappers. Wearing brown side pocket shorts, they looked cool. Cooler than the Naijjo brother who was wearing Capri pants! The only crime and the only thing that related to their name was this…holding their crouches as they walked across the stage. That thing is too thousand and dead, I mean,which rappers still do that? If you ask me that is shaggs not swagg, Washamba Wenza!


                                          Washamba Wenza holding it down, literally!
 
The people here were getting boring despite the dj´s effort to keep people on their feet. So me and my entourage of very beautiful ladies decided to bring it down. We danced until we got stitches then bowed out after a very good dancehall performance from some guy from Athi River.


I even had a solo
We did some moon walk too



 On my way to the gate, I saw these people minding their business and I thought id share.


Then there were these cars, among others but I only captured what I liked.


And this house that you can tell me what you think about



                                                        Then i went to another party!

2 comments: